Monday, July 2, 2007

meinhawaiimy hair used to be so long....i went to a salon just twice in my entire five years at UBC, and only for just the slightest trim. i usually just hacked a couple inches off with my fabric scissors every 6-14 months. it looked totally awesome when it was curled, and i justified keeping the length because of that - although i never took the time to actually put rollers in - even in this photo it's just somewhat wavy because it had been in a bun all day. (that's actually andrew beside me in the b&w photo, but he asked to be cropped out because he looks like he has bells palsy).

meowmeowit took a long time for me to chop it all off - and i put my trust in a great stylist in abbottsford last summer who gave me wonderfully chunky, volumous layers even though i'd sworn off the thought of layers since grade 8. however the awesome haircut only lasted about 3 weeks and that was that. so tonight i went to the shoppe downstairs and the little hair dresser said "this is the last haircut you're going to have before your wedding." see, now getting married right after graduation would have been perfect with my jessica simpson length hair - sans the extensions. however, when i look at the portrait that was taken at grad, it's so long it really resembles a horse's mane....or tail!
mememesmall

3 comments:

GF Girl said...

I LOVE IT!!! It's funny you know - I've cancelled all my appointments, in the vane attempt that's I'll have hair for your wedding, and there you go hacking yours off...

Unknown said...

Well don't you look pretty pleased with your self.
^_^ V

Anonymous said...

Great work.